Some helpful information about preparing a weekly newsletter for your choir.
Last updated: 1 March 2023
Communicating with your choir regularly is an essential part of running a healthy community. As well as keeping your members informed it can:
- Give everyone a sense that they’re part of something important
- Help your members effectively prepare for rehearsals and performances
- Keep your community engaged in between rehearsals and engagements
- Give your community insights that can lead to deeper connections
A weekly electronic newsletter is a perfect way to keep everyone informed and enthused. Common things to include are:
- A summary of the last rehearsal, including songs and news
- Upcoming gig or event information
- Links to YouTube (or similar) that may inspire or excite, relevant to current repertoire
- News or information about members’ other activities
- Social media links (and instructions)
We think the best application to help you communicate with your members is Mailchimp. It can manage your database, design and schedule your mailouts, provide great information about who is reading it, and best of all… it is FREE!
Here is a great tutorial to get you started:
Creativity Australia can help you set up a nice looking, branded template to use for your weekly mailouts if you like. Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.